Sunday, May 16, 2010

Central Administration: Can not Create/Extend Application even as I am member of FARM Administrator

 

          My Dev Environment is  SharePoint 2010 on WIN 7. I have 2 users

1) Built in Administrator- Member of FARM Administrator

2) Pathik01\Pathik – Also member of FARM Administrator

Now when I Sign-in with my account and use Manage Web Application link, on the Top Ribbon none of Button is enabled. I can not create Web APP nor Extend it.  When I select web application from list, some button are enabled but not all. Also I can see role as Contributor

This does not happen When I sign-in with Built-in\Administrator account.

Resolution:

To solve this issue I changed the User Account Control setting ---

Open User Account Control Setting from Control Panel \System and Security \Change User Account Control settings

and set the Slider bar to "Never Notify " as shown in below picture

 

Error

No comments: